Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Show & Tell

This week for Show and Tell I want to share a post I read on another blog. I read Sue at Plays with Needles every day, mostly for the wonderful pictures she posts. Sometimes they are of her needlework projects, sometimes they show the swims she's done, sometimes they have her son or her nieces as the focus.

On Friday Sue posted about her niece who is leaving for a semester abroad. Being a wonderfully crafty person, Sue (with the help of her son) made a special gift for her niece to take with her. Click here to go check it out.

I've given homemade gifts before (usually scrapbook albums, but sometimes other things), but Sue's gift really takes the cake, in my opinion. Have you ever given an gift like this? Are you inspired to now?!

It will only take a minute, so I hope you do click on over!

9 comments:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I'm the least imaginative gift-giver EVER! THIS is just awesome!

momofonefornow said...

You are right that umbrella is very awesome.

Thanks for the comment. It is totally ok to laugh. I would if I wasn't so entirely mortified!

BTW, Did you get the book. I think it should have technically been there by today.

JuliaS said...

That is the awesomest umbrella ever - very cool!

Worth the click over - thanks for sharing!

Kristin said...

Wow...that is an amazing gift. I've given some good gifts but that just might top most of them.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

What a great gift. Thanks for the link, I never would have seen it otherwise.

I've made some creative gifts before, but never one so colorful!

Stacie said...

That is the neatest gift! I bet she'll treasure it. Thanks for the link.

Susan Elliott said...

Thanks for linking to me Heather. I've enjoyed all of the visitors and getting to know some new friends.

chicklet said...

I've never done anything that creative - that was very very cool.

marie said...

Thanks for sharing the link to this great gift! What a fantastic idea!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin